I'm a beach girl. Literally. Born and bred in 10 minute walking distance from the Baltic sea in Jurmala, Latvia. My very first memories of a pure, white sand beach are from my early childhood by taking naps under a tree on my moms favourite summer scarf. There she used to hide me from the hot summer sun in a nearest, coolest shadow and let the sea waves sing me to sleep.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
I remember spending most of my school summer holidays in Majori beach. My mother used to pack everything we needed in her big, straw beach bag. She always took one big blanket to sleep on and loads of towels (imagine 3 girls enjoying water, sand, wind, snacks and of course ice-cream) and (oh, God yes..) loads and loads of attention.
She made the impossible possible. 
Different kind of fresh fruits on breakfast?
Sun-kissed with the best view in the world.
Berries?
Extra sweet from the local market.
You wanted lemonade?
Peppermint leaves and lemon in water bottle made all the magic needed. And she knew it.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
We were spending at least half of the day there. Full of people. Full of chit-chats, laughs and happiness. Place where castles were made of sand, jewellery from shells and trust was built on a friendship. Sounds like a paradise, huh? Place where unknown (but surely stalked before) neighbour kids became friends, enemies and then again friends. Place where secrets were born and afterwards buried under the pine trees. 

Later on, the beach became a place where I went for a walk. I went for a cigarette. I went for a book. I went for a run. I went for an answers and a moment to think. I knew that the beach will put my mind right. Eventually. My inner self was searching for a feeling.. or more of a relief from the world?
Only now I understand that there is a link between power of water, walks on the beach and my inner peace. But at that stage, I barely knew how to deal with everything that was going on in my mind. But it was enough. And the beach did all the rest. 

Inhale. Exhale. 

I have always known that I'm privileged by having beach right next to me. I really can't imagine how my life would've turned out without it. There wouldn't be me. I would be someone else. Only the beach would stay the same.

As you can already tell, it isn't about fresh fruits and ice-cream trucks. Sunbathing and jumping into the waves. Sand castles or dreams that never came true. Not at all. Somewhere deep down even as a kid I knew it. This feeling of being set free. Touch of the freedom. Fresh air and the sound of the waves cuddling the shore. Something words can't describe. Place where my problems got shared by two. The harmony and peace after everything opposite, is something we will never be able to put into words. This is something that makes my eyes sparkle and skin glow. This makes me return to my true self no matter how many years have passed me by. When I reach the end of the road, I will always be looking for the shore.

This is not about me, you or anyone else. This is about the beach.

Inhale. Exhale.
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
BTW

As you can see, pics are from my recent travel to Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel. Totally a city to return. Because of colorful personalities and active lifestyle lovers, beach have extra live vibe. It is full of people non-stop 24/7. Even in the hottest summer days it doesn't get quiet. They have actually found a way to do all sort of sports there. From volleyball, beach tennis, surfing, paddle boarding, etc. that sounds pretty mainstream, to amazingly equipped gyms every hundred metres under the clear sky and running tracks, that are full of people (and dogs) actually running not walking. I promise, you won't be able just to sit in the bar and watch. Don't hesitate to join them!
We managed to participate partly and took electric scooter (yes, one and it was very romantic, haha) from the company called Lime (they have a fool proof app and cheap, good quality service). As we found out, that was the best way to get around the city. From the city center to the old town and to all hidden vegan restaurants. Yum.

If you have any questions about my trip to Israel, feel free to leave them in the comments section and I might give you more specific tips and tricks!


Travel more and travel beaches!
*draata