I actually can't believe I'm one of all. One of all the people that have been blindly following perfectly made marketing strategies by beauty brands, letting us know only what they want us to know. They have left 'behind the scenes' unseen and the plan is to continue until the day when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. and money. My eyes are slowly opening and my plan is to follow my own path. My plan is to tell you, show you information I have found so far and to share everything I will find useful to stop finance cruelty to animals. Amen.


Now, according to Cruelty Free International, there are over 115 million animals suffering from abuse (in f*cking 2019) for animal testing every year all over the world. While there are a lot of companies that have made a decision to stay or become cruelty free, there are still tons of companies that only makes the advantage of it by entering the China market.
Speaking of which..
For all who didn't know this before (just like my stu*id a**), Chinese government requires tests on animals for all imported beauty products, regardless of where they were made. That means, by buying make-up products made by brands that do import and sell their beauty products in China, we are sponsoring animal abuse. It is that simple. 

Is cruelty free beauty lower quality and more expensive?

Nowadays it's not taking as much from us as it used to. Oils and soda water is not the only options for cruelty-free skin care. We don't have to mix colours for the perfect shade or use only natural colour make-up. The cruelty free products are available in almost every store and the price range is very wide. So many affordable products for every skin type and personal preference.

I used to use liquid face foundation made by big, fancy brand (far from cruelty-free status) that cost 40 euros and up for one bottle. Now I'm using vegan, cruelty-free and (almost 100%) natural liquid face foundation for less than 10 euros.
Cruelty-free doesn't mean more expensive in any way. As I said before, the range is huge! As some of you have already noticed, one of my favourite cruelty-free brands is Urban Decay. They show an example of how big and different variety of products and shades there can be! All rainbow colours without animal abuse and Chinese consumers. Wondering about the quality? Actually, I chose their make-up products years ago, long before I became cruelty-free myself and the main reason why, was the high level of quality standards. 
There are a lot of smaller, local brands that stand up for animal rights in every country. MÁDARA Cosmetics is a Latvian brand that manufactures organic skin and hair care. Fully vegetarian and mostly vegan, cruelty-free and free from any kind of synthetic preservatives. Their products are certified by EcoCert and all the goods have recyclable packaging! Does it get any better than this?


What can I do to help?

I once heard a good quote, how there will be the end of the world when people will lose all the compassion to animals. Sadly, we have reached this point years ago.. or maybe we just have to open our eyes (finally) and watch all 'horrible pictures and videos' that people refuse to watch, because this is reality. This is what is happening! This is the truth and people are afraid to look at it.

Will your closed eyes help those tortured animals that are treated with chemicals? Chemicals that are making horrible bruises and putting them into unimaginable pain until the lucky day they die? No. Not at all. So watch. And cry (just like me).

However, there are more human ways of testing beauty products in the 21st century than putting live being with heart and soul into suffer. Buying cruelty free products shows our stand against animal living a life of suffering. I'm not blaming anyone for actions taken they weren't aware of. Society is kept in the bubble that is being played like a ball from one lie to another. But the worst thing of all is that we are the ones who allows it to keep going. We have to be the voice of the ones who don't have one. 

How? By being conscious. 
You are involved as much as I'm, so start to act like it.

BTW

I'm still using up some of my beauty products made by companies that support testing on animals (yes, sadly I wasn't born cruelty free). Throwing them in the garbage doesn't really make sense to me, as a less-waste activist. In the meantime, I'm choosing, buying and using cruelty free make-up I have already found and tested on myself. There are so many brands that offer natural, vegan, cruelty free beauty and make-up products!

HERE you can find a link to official PETA (I bet you have heard of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and have seen before their logo with running bunny) organization list of brands that DO and DON'T test on animals. Most popular brands that DO test on animals you will definitely recognise and find in this PETA article HERE.
HERE is a link to an amazing and easily digestible video interview with Moby by PBN on YouTube.  You may have seen it on my Instagram Story as well. Not the latest one, but I have found it very inspiring for myself and I hope you will too! Must see!

I'm still looking for cruelty free and vegan beauty products that meet my needs and fit my skin type the best. So, I will try to make a new post soon of beauty brands and products I have found and I'm using. Maybe this will be helpful to others, because it's not actually that hard or expensive to be cruelty free! But (oh, Goooood) how good you do to the animals that way!

I would appreciate questions and suggestions from you guys. That way I'll have a clearer vision of what you would like to see more on the cruelty free beauty product review post.

BTW2

I'm still looking for a very light acne treatment for my face. The one I used to use is tested on animals (this road i'm not taking anymore). This is a problem I'm dealing with right now.. so if you can give me an advice, please let me know! You can send me a Direct message on Instagram @draata or just leave it here in the comments section!


If you're still looking for reasons to go cruelty free now, just look up for more information, even better, visual materials #animalabuse #notcrueltyfree #testingonanimals.


Be conscious. Be ethical.
*draata