Today is my first day of 2020. Accent on 'my' not 2020. It's January 7th already but only now I'm getting this feeling of something new and refreshing knocking on my door. Let me look back on the biggest turn of my life in 2019 and play around with fortune telling for 2020!

Samana, Dominican Republic on January 2019
As they say, travelling feeds the soul. I haven't left Latvia already for 2 months and counting since my last trip to Israel. Feels so much longer! I rechecked the dates of my photos from Tel Aviv and actually couldn't believe the fact myself. Travel bug is biting like MAD! Like the last trip was at least 6+ months ago.
Could it be because of the January? When this beautiful celebration madness has gone away like a crazy party, leaving me with a morning headache and a New Year I know nothing about. Last year we left that all behind and travelled to amazing Dominican Republic. It was so refreshing and truly felt like a new beginning. After all year running the rat race we finally had a chance to say one loud BYE to the city and fly South.
It was a chance to take all the energy needed for one hell of a year waiting for us like 2019 was. Definitely not in a bad way! Soon as we got back from DR, we finally found our one and only.. a new home.

Samana, Dominican Republic on January 2019
One year of renovation from a scratch. Interior design, lighting, furniture, flooring, EVERYTHING was running through my mind as well as my daily schedule like a hamster on a wheel for a whole year. And I'm not even talking about all the work coordination and technical issues that my BF was taking care of. I was doing more of a planning but he had to figure out how in the hell to make it happen! And he did! Thank God I have him on my side!

I'm more than grateful for chances I was given last year. Just no travels for now and no travels any time soon, and I'm totally fine with it. Now we are on the last stage of renovation and furnishing before moving in. It's still very hard to believe. Believe that soon all the renovation will be done, that we won so many battles by figuring out how to connect unconnectable, and found so many answers to questions we knew nothing about. Believe that this is happening at all! Finally!
I promise, very soon you will be noticing new backgrounds of my selfies and recipe photos. But until then we still have lots of work to do. My soul is fed. For now :)

Samana, Dominican Republic on January 2019
And what applies to 2020. I have a feeling this will be a good year. Full of new opportunities, new ideas and loads of hard work. I have set some goals for my personal growth this year. It's not required to achieve, it's required to try achieving.
Finally catch up with some things I have left behind. Read more. Yoga. Speak up more. Yes, even more. Stop excuses. Share what the hell is happening to animals, to world behind closed doors. Help more. Say compliments to known and unknown. Be grateful. Be kind. Keep calm when in need. Create. Meditate. Learn to listen. Zero waste more. Dare! Dare to cross the red lines I have drawn around myself. Show how easy it is to live a better life for the planet. Smile. Forgive. And smile again. Not to take life too seriously. Let out my creative spirit and don't worry about anyone's opinion. Most importantly BE MYSELF.

We are born to explore ourselves. And I truly believe that the best way to do that is through love. So I wish you love. Love to yourself and any other being. To feel love and to spread love. Kindness is gold. Just let it shine.


Have a conscious New Year!
*draata